Saturday, March 12, 2011

St Patrick's day buns!

There's a St. Patrick's day potluck coming up and I thought I'd like to try something different! A bun with a surprise!


If you want to try it too, here's the basic steps:
1) after mixing your dough, take 1/3 and color it.
2) allow to rise and beat down as your recipie calls for.

3) when making the buns, divide coloured and plain dough into portions. I made 24, so 24 balls! The plain ones should be bigger than the colored ones.


4) flatten the plain portion, put the green on it and wrap. Repeat over and over...



5) cook and enjoy!


This was an easy project and I will definatly do it again. Just be careful about how thin the outer shell is or there will be a few colored bits showing. Not a big deal in my books though!

No comments:

Post a Comment